The company aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR], the guidelines on the Information Commissioner’s website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
The data controller is Malcolm Newman.
This Privacy Notice is available on our website at www.thepremierloftcompany.co.uk/privacy-notice or by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 01923 859 522.
The categories of data we process are:
- Personal data for the purposes of staff and self-employed team member management
- Personal data for the purposes of direct mail/email/text marketing
We never pass your personal details to a third party unless we have a contract for them to process data on our behalf and will otherwise keep it confidential. If we intend to refer a client to another party, we will gain the individual’s permission before the referral is made and the personal data is shared.
- Personal data is stored in the [EU] whether in digital or hard copy format
- Personal data is stored in the US in digital format when the data storage company is certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield
- Personal data is obtained when a patient joins the company and makes an enquiry
The lawful basis of processing personal data such as name, address, email or phone number is:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
The retention period for special data in patient records is a minimum of 10 years and may be longer for complex records in order to meet our legal requirements. The retention period for staff records is 6 years. The retention periods for other personal data is 2 years after it was last processed.
You have the following personal data rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (clinical records must be retained for a certain time period)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
Further details of these rights can be seen in our Information Governance Procedures (M 217C) or at the Information Commissioner’s website. Here are some practical examples of your rights:
- If you are a client of Premier Lofts you have the right to withdraw consent for important notifications, newsletters, surveys or marketing. You can inform us to correct errors in your personal details or withdraw consent from communication methods such as telephone, email or text. You have the right to obtain a free copy of your patient records within one month.
- If you are not a client of Premier Lofts you have the right to withdraw consent for processing personal data, to have a free copy of it within one month, to correct errors in it or to ask us to delete it. You can also withdraw consent from communication methods such as telephone, email or text.
We have carried out a Privacy Impact Assessment (M 217Q) and you can request a copy from the details below. The details of how we ensure security of personal data is in our Security Risk Assessment (M 217M) and Information Governance Procedures (M 217C).
Comments, suggestions and complaints
Please contact Malcolm Newman for a comment, suggestion or a complaint about your data processing at firstname.lastname@example.org or01923 859522 or by writing to or visiting the head office at Unit 10 Beaumont Gate, Shenley Hill, Radlett, Hertfordshire, WD7 7AR.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113, you can also chat online with an advisor. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also visit their website for information on how to make a data protection complaint.